- The NICHD, NCI and NCCAM invite applications from investigators willing to participate under a cooperative agreement in an ongoing multi-center international research network designed to perform randomized clinical trials, using common protocols, to reduce the major risk of maternal, neonatal, infant, and early childhood mortality and significant morbidity in resource-poor countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- The NICHD intends to commit approximately $3.7 million dollars in total costs [Direct plus Facilities and Administrative (F and A) costs] in FY 2006 to fund four to eight new and/or competing continuation grants in response to this RFA, NCI intends to commit $100,000 and NCCAM intends to commit $225,000 in FY 2006. Additional funds are being sought from other sources.
- This funding opportunity will use the NIH Cooperative Research Project Grant (U01) award mechanism.
- You may submit an application if your institution has any of the following characteristics: For-profit or non-profit organizations, public or private institutions such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, domestic.
- Eligible principal investigators (PIs), including any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research, are invited to work with their institution and senior foreign investigators (SFIs) to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH programs.
- Applicant institutions may apply for (1) only a Data Coordinating Center grant, or (2) only a Research Unit grant, but not both.
- An institution may submit only one application in response to this RFA.
- Background information about the RFA will be available online at http://www.nichd.nih.gov/RFA/HD-05-025.htm.
- Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 research grant application instructions and forms (rev. 09/2004). The PHS 398 is available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html in an interactive format. For further assistance contact GrantsInfo, Telephone (301) 435-0714, email: GrantsInfo@nih.gov. Applications must be received by the date listed under Key Dates, above.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088.
Who can apply:
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Eligible functional categories:
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research
Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster